From the first day of operations, Cantec’s reputation has been built on the one thing our customers desire most: dependability. When it comes to the very best in printing, copying & scanning equipment and services, Cantec surpasses the competition by being reliable, affordable and always there when needed.
To continue to do this and compete effectively we need to maintain our great team. However we are always looking for new people to join us who share our commitment to high standards.
We are seeking applications from an enthusiastic and energetic person who would like to be part of the team delivering first class technical service in the following position: System Support Associate (Full Time)
This role is primarily based in our Waterford Headquarters but may include some travel from time to time.
Help Desk Job Duties
- Providing technical assistance for customers and internal staff
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Remotely accessing hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems
- Implementation & support of SNMP device monitoring software
- Setup & support of scan to SMTP & SMB shares
- Installation configuration & support of print drivers on PC’s & Servers
- Support of Managed Print software solutions
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues
Help Desk Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to resolve customer issues via telephone & e-mail
- Must to able to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external communications
- Requires thorough knowledge of current desktop computer operating systems, especially Windows (MAC experience beneficial but not essential)
- Ability to setup and configure copiers, computers and printers in a network environment
- Ideally, knowledge and skills to support copiers, especially Canon and Ricoh. If you do not possess these skills training will be provided.
- Knowledge of a broad range of desktop computer applications with an emphasis on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, desktop utility software and desktop management tools
- Understand complex verbal or written instructions; requires good customer service/support skills
- Experience with Active Directory, File & Print servers and Microsoft Exchange will be beneficial
- Applicants should have 1-2 years of computer support experience or IT certification in A+/MCP.
- Must possess a full, clean driver’s license
Hours of duty will be 8:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. There may be some out of hours work.
Pay will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
Please apply in writing, enclosing a cover letter and current CV, to: Paul Murphy Service Manager, Cantec Business Technology Ltd., Unit 3B Cleaboy Business Park, Old Kilmeaden Road, Waterford.
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday, 17th August 2018