Cantec is delighted to be shortlisted for the upcoming Waterford Business Awards in the ‘Customer Service Excellence’ category, kindly sponsored by KBC Bank Ireland.
We’re up against the Bodega Restaurant (who happen to be clients of ours!) and Lloyds Hair in that category, and we’re hopeful of getting good news when the winners are announced at a gala ceremony in early March.
Incidentally, many of our other clients are also shortlisted for awards in other categories. These include Solas Cancer Support Centre, Sunlife Financial, Waterford Bluefin Payment Systems, and Kearney Engineering Ltd., and we wish them all well.
It’s great to see so many local businesses being recognised. There are some great companies out there!
The Awards are organised by Waterford Chamber and supported by Waterford City & County Council and WLR FM, and are designed to recognise the achievement of individual businesses and business leaders in Waterford. They will celebrate and honour the very best in business across a variety of twelve different categories.
Speaking at the launch, Waterford Chamber President, Laurent Borla said, “We are delighted that the number of categories has increased this year from 10 to 12 and we are grateful to our sponsors and partners for their ongoing support and commitment to the Waterford Business Awards. We have been hugely impressed by the energy and resilience of businesses in Waterford and wish to acknowledge the important role played by business in driving our local economy forward.”
The twelve categories are:
- Arts, Culture & Heritage, sponsored by Cpl Resources;
- Best in Retail, sponsored by Waterford Gift Voucher;
- Tourism, Leisure & Hospitality, sponsored by Waterford Airport;
- Community & Social Enterprise, sponsored by Faithlegg House Hotel and The Tower Hotel;
- Customer Service Excellence, sponsored by KBC Bank;
- Emerging New Business, sponsored by City Enterprise Centre;
- Food & Agri Business, sponsored by PricewaterhouseCoopers;
- Manufacturing & Industry, sponsored by WIT;
- Research, Innovation & Technology, sponsored by Medite SmartPly;
- Services, sponsored by RIKON;
- Best Small Business sponsored by AIB Bank;
- Special Recognition Award, sponsored by Dawn Meats;
- Overall Business of the Year Award which is sponsored by Waterford City & County Council.
The independent judging panel includes former Chamber President, Frank O’Regan; Bill Halley; Liam Moran, Faithlegg House Hotel; Lena Murphy, Beat 102-103/WLR; John Noonan, E. Flahavan & Sons; Lisa Grant, Waterford City & County Council; Louise Grubb, NutriScience, Q1 Scientific; Noel Kelly, Nypro; Tina Darrer, Dooley’s Hotel and TV Honan, Waterford Spraoi.