To prevent the spread of Covid-19 (Coronavirus ) Malcolm from our sales team shares his top cleaning tips in the video below.
- Perform any required shut down procedure and disconnect the device from the mains supply before cleaning
- Use a Lint-Free or microfibre cloth with an alcohol based cleaner for disinfection. Wipe the parts users may touch such as numerical keys on operation panels, touch screens, covers and handles.
- Use Isopropyl alcohol (at least 70% concentrate)
- Use Glass cleaner on platen
- Use Disposable gloves
- Spray alcohol or any other disinfectants directly on areas where liquids may enter, such as the edges of touch screens or numerical keys. Be sure not to drip any liquid onto these areas.
- Do not use Commercial wet wipes, as they contain ingredients other than alcohol.
- Do not use cleaners that contain volatile solvents, such as paint thinners or benzene.
- Depending on the type of alcohol or wiping method used, the printer exterior may fade or become discoloured. The printer function will not be affected.
- These cleaning guidelines do not guarantee effectiveness against coronavirus.
- The effectiveness of alcohol-based cleaners should be checked with the manufacturer of the cleaner.
- Note that alcohol is a flammable liquid. Never use it near a naked flame.
Restarting Machines After Prolonged Power Down
Should your copier/printer jam after you turn it on after being switched off for a prolonged period please try the following:
- Replace paper. Paper may have become damp and can cause sheets to stick together causing the machine to jam.
- Use other cassettes. Should replacing the paper not clear the jam, print from an alternative cassette and log a service call by emailing email@example.com