At Cantec, we pride ourselves on delivering printing, copying, and scanning solutions that are more efficient and more cost-effective for our customers.
This commitment has seen us become the partner of choice for businesses, schools, and more throughout Ireland, and is the reason why our number of satisfied customers continues to grow.
Read some case studies of results we’ve already delivered for others, and then contact us to allow us deliver great results for you too.
Our Case Studies
About the Project
Abtran are Ireland’s top provider of business process management solutions. Its customer base includes various leading brands such as Irish Life, Electric Ireland, Road Safety Authority, Sky and the National Transport Authority. In 2013 we were approached by our main supplier Canon to assist Abtran with some service and reliability issues they were having with their mixed fleet of printers and copiers.
Abtran’s print environment consisted of a mix of devices from two different vendors. The devices had performed well but were now ageing and support response time was an issue. The devices did not provide secure release function or a Print me anywhere system. They also lacked the ability to allocate print and copy costs back to Abtran’s customer accounts and internal departments.
Abtran put the security of their customers’ data to the forefront of what they do. They needed a Managed Print Solution that reflected their attitude to customer confidentiality.
Having evaluated Abtran’s requirements, we proposed a trial run of two Canon MFD devices connected to our Print Management application Uniflow Output Manager as a proof of concept.
Uniflow would ensure every print job was allocated a cost centre at the time of print. A report detailing printing costs would then be created automatically and sent to Finance at the end of every month.
Uniflow would allow users to securely release their prints at any device using their employee Access card or Pin number.
These devices would also be connected to our e-Maintenance remote monitoring facility to enable us to quickly react to errors/jams/toner and service issues.
- Remote Monitoring – Pro-active approach to service issues and toner ordering, resulting in increased uptime and permanent stock of printer consumables;
- Local Technicians – With a team of 10 technicians based in Cork, Waterford and Limerick we could guarantee a quick response time;
- Improved security – No confidential document lying around printers;
- Eliminated Waste – no stacks of uncollected prints which are ultimately discarded;
- Cost recovery – Greater visibility of print charges across the organisation and a system to allocate print costs back to the customer.
After a successful trial period, we were delighted to be awarded the contract for Abtran’s Managed Print requirements across all of their site’s. This involved the rollout of 28 Canon MFD’s across 3 Cork premises and their Dublin office.
Abtran’s printer fleet is split into two categories:
- Devices for in-house printing from Window’s based applications, mainframes and ERPs – the everyday printing, scanning and copying done by the vast majority of Abtran’s 2,500 personnel – all print/copy jobs are either allocated to one of Abtran’s clients for billing purposes or to an internal cost centre
- Print Room devices which cater for the high volume printing which Abtran does on behalf of its clients.
Cantec arrived at a time when our printing services where split between two providers, neither of whom truly understood our overall requirements. They were prepared to spend the time to learn about our business processes and help drill down into the finer detail of some of our more complex workflows.
Cantec used this information to design a model which dramatically improved efficiency, mainly through the use of secure print technology enabling users to easily allocate print jobs to clients and cost centres.
As our business evolves and we seek to create new solutions to the needs of our various clients, Cantec continues to work in partnership with us in this respect. Their support structure providing speedy and effective resolutions to issues as they arise means that we can now be far more confident in the high quality print services we offer to our clients.
– Paul McCarthy, IT Infrastructure Leader, Abtran
About the Project
Anderco are specialists in supplying safety products and services for controlled environments and the healthcare and building industries. Their head office is in Little Island, Cork and they also have offices in Dublin and Gatwick, London
Anderco were already a long-time customer of Cantec, and were familiar with Secure Print. We previously implemented a Managed Print solution using Canon’s free embedded managed print application Universal Login Manager (ULM).
ULM is a great tool for customers needing to track print costs and implement Secure Print on a smaller scale. As it is not server based, there is an amount of manual configuration and maintenance of user accounts. This is perfectly fine if you only need it for one or two machines, but as Anderco grew, so did its need for a complete print and scanning solution.
The customer now required machines in all sites and needed to be able to track and control print costs centrally. They also needed an automated solution to index scanned delivery notes.
We recommended UniFLOW SMB print management software, to provide central management of all user accounts and integration with Active Directory. Users would no longer have to worry about creating an account on the printer. UniFLOW would simply use a PIN associated with their Active Directory user account.
UniFLOW now monitored all printers across the organisation, tracking print and copy costs. Reporting was no longer a manual process. Our integration specialist configured all the reports the customer needed and set them to run on schedule.
To address the scanning issue, we created a workflow in UniFLOW Capture to extract the delivery note number and save it in the document filename. Saved scans were converted to searchable PDFs and saved to the file server. They were now able to quickly search documents via delivery note number.
The user needed to simply login to the device and touch the workflow button once. UniFLOW took care of the rest.
- Upgrading their existing fleet of machines with newer cost efficient machines enabled us to reduce Anderco’s cost per click rate. The replacement of old desktop printers removed the need for costly ink and toner cartridges resulting in cheaper printing costs throughout the company.
- The introduction of UniFLOW meant this saving could be tracked and reports generated on the total cost of printing across the organisation.
- An automated scanning workflow saved valuable time by eliminating the need to manually rename scanned documents.
We had been very happy with Cantec’s level of service and support for over five years, but as the company had grown substantially in that time, we needed to get more transparency and control over both our printed and scanned documents. Cantec were once again able to demonstrate a clear understanding of what we required and proved that they could deliver a solution which fitted in well with our business processes without creating any disturbance to speak of during implementation.
– Mark Terry, Commercial/IT Officer, Anderco
About the Project
Scoil Lorcáin was a customer of Cantec for more than 15 years, for supply and service of photocopiers. When a Canon photocopier came due for renewal, we recommended that we also conduct a site audit into the cost and effectiveness of printing in the school.
This showed that the school was using a number of separate inkjet printers in individual classrooms to print an uncontrolled number of colour prints, at a high cost in terms of replacement cartridges. We determined that we could help them do better.
Our recommendation was the school replace the individual inkjet printers with one Canon multifunctional printer, in a controlled environment.
This machine would cover the photocopying requirements of the entire school, and also provide affordable colour printing, with the facility to control who printed what.
- The new multifunctional printer provides equal quality and reliability of the Canon photocopiers they were previously using.
- It also allows them to save 50% on copy cost by using the all-inclusive cost per print provided by their new Canon machine.
- A built-in PIN system provides confidentiality and a means to track the colour print volumes of individual users.
- Cantec’s prompt service response and locally-based support means they can depend on just that one device for all their copying and printing needs.
Cantec showed that we could save 50% of the cost of ink and toner cartridges for the many colour printers dotted around our classrooms by combining this facility with our main photocopier.
The confidentiality and convenience argument was won by installing a PIN system, meaning each teacher can only access their own prints. The deciding factor was the promptness and dependability of Cantec’s service, which allows us to depend on one machine for all our copying, printing, and scanning.
I would strongly recommend Cantec to any school.
– Harry Flynn, Principal, Scoil Lorcáin